We are currently seeking a casual registered nurse in our long established practice situated in Hobart Tasmania who can deliver primary health care in a general practice setting. The environment in which you will work is sometimes unpredictable and involves caring for people from diverse backgrounds and at all stages of life.
Typical responsibilities include:
- patient consultations
- carrying out physical examinations, investigatory procedures and cervical smear and pregnancy tests
- diagnosing and treating illnesses and ailments
- providing advice about contraception and fitting contraceptive devices
- treating wounds
- applying and removing dressings
- providing emergency first aid and treatment
- giving advice, education and information about health conditions and ailments, stopping smoking and losing weight
- taking patient samples, swabs and specimens, and checking pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- administering immunisations, vaccinations (for example for influenza) and infant injections
- liaising with other health care professionals, practice nurses, GPs and/or hospitals
- writing records and keeping patients’ notes up to date
Our practice has a strong reputation for providing quality care within the local community and is reflected in our loyal patient base.
If you are interested in the opportunity of working with us please call (03) 6223 1079, or email your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org